Starting this year Oak Meyers Gardens residents are going to be able to participate in a neighborhood wide leaf pickup program that is special to our OMG neighborhood and separate from any leaf pickup programs provided by the city or county.
Our first pilot and test run of our leaf pickup will be the week of December 11th. Since this is a pilot program, we are unsure of neighbor participation along with how long the pickup will take. At the request of the company performing the work we are dividing the neighborhood into 3 sections. Based on where you live will determine your pickup date.
Here are details on the requirements and restrictions of the leaf pickup:
- Leaves must be out onto the street no later than 7 am of the morning of your pickup.
- Leaves are NOT to be bagged up. Please leave them loose.
- The crews will pickup leaves located from the curb out to about 2 feet from the curb. To be picked up, leaves need to be raked or blown into 1-5 piles in the street to be sucked up by the vacuum truck.
- The crews will NOT pickup any sticks, twigs, branches, etc. This is a leaf only pickup.
- If you live on a busier neighborhood street (Oak, Rockhill, Holmes, Meyer, or 63rd) and live on a corner, please put your leaves onto the quieter side street. If you do not live on a corner, in front of your house is fine. This just helps reduce traffic issues on the busier streets.
- This is a service for all neighbors who have blown or raked out of their yards into the streets and into piles for pickup. It not intended to remove leaves that have just fallen in the streets or have ended up out there naturally. The crews will not be just sucking up all leaves along all curbs in the neighborhood.
- *Reminder: This is a service provided by the homes association for all homeowners and while the company providing the pickup will attempt to pickup all leaves possible, we cannot account for changes in weather or wind that may blow leaves back into yards or further out into street. Or if rain comes through and leaves are wet they may not be entirely sucked up by the vacuum truck.
- *Note: If your leaves are not picked up on your scheduled date, please email JerryRowan@gmail.com immediately and the crews will be notified to come back. This is our first time doing this so we are trying to plan for as many contingencies as possible, but please understand that as a pilot program there may be a few kinks to work out so that 2018 is even better!