Oak Meyer Garden’s Second Annual Ice Cream Social will take place Sunday, August 19th from 4:00 to 6:00 pm. There is a NEW LOCATION. Academie Lafayette has graciously allowed us to use their parking lot/play ground in the back of their facility at 69th and Oak Street. Betty Rae’s Ice Cream Truck will be there serving all the free, delicious ice cream you can eat – until it is gone.
This year we are combining the Social with an important, historical event for our Members. We will be voting on the proposed new Bylaws as well. A link to the Bylaws document may be found at the post below, so please take some time to review them before you come. The vote will be by written ballot, so you may vote at any time during the event.
Please stop by, take a moment to vote, and enjoy some ice cream with your neighbors.
See updates and edits in bold.
Starting this year Oak Meyers Gardens residents are going to be able to participate in a neighborhood wide leaf pickup program that is special to our OMG neighborhood and separate from any leaf pickup programs provided by the city or county.
Our first pilot and test run of our leaf pickup will be the week of December 11th. Since this is a pilot program, we are unsure of neighbor participation along with how long the pickup will take. At the request of the company performing the work we are dividing the neighborhood into 3 sections. Based on where you live will determine your pickup date.
Here are details on the requirements and restrictions of the leaf pickup:
- Leaves must be out onto the street no later than 7 am of the morning of your pickup.
- Leaves are NOT to be bagged up. Please leave them loose.
- The crews will pickup leaves located in the street, from the curb out to about 2 feet from the curb. To be picked up, leaves need to be raked or blown into 1-5 piles in the street to be sucked up by the vacuum truck.
- The crews will NOT pickup any sticks, twigs, branches, etc. This is a leaf only pickup.
- If you live on a busier neighborhood street (Oak, Rockhill, Holmes, Meyer, or 63rd) and live on a corner, please put your leaves onto the quieter side street. If you do not live on a corner, in front of your house is fine. This just helps reduce traffic issues on the busier streets.
- This is a service for all neighbors who have blown or raked out of their yards into the streets and into piles for pickup. It not intended to remove leaves that have just fallen in the streets or have ended up out there naturally. The crews will not be just sucking up all leaves along all curbs in the neighborhood.
- *Reminder: This is a service provided by the homes association for all homeowners and while the company providing the pickup will attempt to pickup all leaves possible, we cannot account for changes in weather or wind that may blow leaves back into yards or further out into street. Or if rain comes through and leaves are wet they may not be entirely sucked up by the vacuum truck.
- *Note: If your leaves are not picked up on your scheduled date, please email JerryRowan@gmail.com immediately and the crews will be notified to come back. This is our first time doing this so we are trying to plan for as many contingencies as possible, but please understand that as a pilot program there may be a few kinks to work out so that 2018 is even better!
Section 1 – Monday 12/11: This is all houses north of 69th Street down to Rockhill Rd (both sides of Rockhill). This includes houses on the East Side of Oak Street and the West side of Holmes.
Section 2 – Tuesday 12/12: This is all houses going north from Rockhill down to, and including all houses on each side of 65th Terrace. This is for houses on east side of Oak and West side of Holmes.
Section 3 – Wednesday 12/13: This is all houses on both sides of 65th St going down to 63rd Street (there are no houses on 63rd Street officially and so really goes to 63rd Terrace) and includes houses on East side of Oak and West side of Holmes.
*Note: Kansas City, MO is providing one more leaf, brush, and limb pickup on Thursday 11/29. See the city website for more details on their service and restrictions. That site can be found here: Kansas City, MO Leaf & Brush Pickup