Oak Meyer Gardens 2017 Annual Meeting
When: Sunday November 19, 2017 5-7 PM
Where: Brookside Gardens Event Space – 624 E 63rd St, Kansas City, MO
What: The annual homes association meeting to review 2017 financials and events along with presenting upcoming projects, services, and new operating budget.
- Opening, and review of 2017 neighborhood statistics, projects, events, and other news.
- Safety and Crime Prevention Presentation by KC, MO Police
- Oak Meyer Gardens committees and need for volunteers
- 2017 Review of Income and Expenses and present 2018 budget
- Presentation by Valerie Schroer about potential OMG By-Laws updating
- Presentation of 2018 and beyond comprehensive landscaping plan
- Questions & Answers
- Election of Board for 2018
*Tentative meeting schedule, subject to change
2017 Remaining OMG Events and Notable Dates:
- KC, MO Leaf Pickup: November 29th
- *Note, all leaves and brush must be in brown paper bags and limbs must be bundled up per requirement of city.
- OMG Leaf Pickup – 12/11 – 12/13
- For this pilot program the neighborhood is being divided into 3 sections. If you live on Rockhill or south to 69th St. your pickup day will be Monday 12/11. If you live between 66th Street and Rockhill Rd your pickup will be Tuesday 12/12. If you live between 63rd Street and 66th Street your pickup will be Wednesday 12/31.
- Oak Meyer Gardens 2017 Holiday Display Contest: December 2017
- This year we will be touring the neighborhood and designating one of our neighbors home as the 2017 OMG Holiday House. The winner will get some fun prizes and the distinction of having the best holiday display in OMG!
2018 OMG Events and Notable Dates:
- Christmas Tree Pickup (Early January 2018)
- Spring Dumpster Day (Saturday April 14th)
- Summer Social (Sunday June 24th)
- Ice Cream Social (Sunday August 19th)
- Fall Dumpster Day ( October 13th)
- Annual Meeting – November 2018
- OMG Leaf Pickup – (Monday November 12, 2018)
- OMG Leaf Pickup – (Monday December 10, 2018)
- Christmas Tree Pickup (Early January 2019)
2018 Oak Meyer Gardens Committees and Available Positions
OMG Beautification Committee: This committee’s main objective is overseeing neighborhood common areas and work to improve / maintain the beauty of Oak Meyer Gardens in general. This includes working with our landscape contractor to coordinate perennial and annual plantings. Committee is asked to give monthly update to the board via email or presentation at board meetings.
OMG Social Committee: This committee’s objective is to encourage socializing among neighbors and enhance the already strong community feel of Oak Meyer Gardens. This committee will plan and execute OMG summer social and dumpster day, along with creating more regular social events for neighborhood. The committee will also act as welcoming committee to new neighbors and new homeowners in OMG.
OMG Digital Connections Committee: This committee will oversee the Oak Meyer Gardens website and social media platforms as well as a revival of OMG Acorn newsletter. Committee members will work in conjunction with the social committee to promote and spread word to our neighbors regarding events and ongoings in OMG.
OMG Branding & Design Committee: The branding committee will work on updating and strengthening the OMG brand along with creating materials to promote and advertise neighborhood events. This can include work on the OMG logo as well as signage and banners for events such as dumpster day, summer social, neighborhood garage sale, etc. This committee will work in conjunction with the digital connections committee to layout and publish the OMG Acorn.
Block Captain Committee: This committee will oversee an establishment of our neighborhood block captain program. This program will have the following objectives:
- Improving communication throughout neighborhood
- Help with rapid dissemination of important information
- Keep database of contact info
- Make blocks more close-knit
- Welcome new neighbors
If you are interested in getting connected or involved with a committee, please email HOA President Jerry Rowan (email@example.com).