Oak Meyer Gardens is looking for committee volunteers to help improve and beautify our neighborhood. If you, or someone you know, are interested in helping, please consider signing up.
Sign up for committees Sunday, November 18 at the Annual Members Meeting. If you are unable to attend, please notify the Board regarding your interest using the “Contact” tab on this website.
Committees available for sign-up include:
- Be the eyes and ears for interested and energetic volunteers who will be an asset to serve on the Committees and/or the Board of Directors.
- Prepare the bios and ballots for the candidates for the election of the Board of Directors. Accept volunteers and recommend a slate of nominees to serve as Officers for the Board from those elected to serve.
- Be the first line of fiduciary responsibility for the neighborhood.
- Assist the Treasurer in providing oversight of the budget and observe that the income and principal are used in accordance with the objectives of the Corporation.
- Assist the Committees in acquiring bids for contractors as required for Corporation responsibilities.
- Maintain a list of delinquent membership dues and recommend a course of action to the Board for acquiring them.
- Be responsible for the visual symbol of the health and vitality of our neighborhood – the monuments and markers.
- Recommend to the Board a design for plantings around the neighborhood markers.
- Assist the Finance Committee in providing bids and recommendations for a landscaper to maintain the plantings around the monuments and markers, and coordinate with the landscaper throughout the year.
- Recommend a multi-year plan and a budget for maintaining and/or replacing the monuments and markers in a design that is historically appropriate for the age of the neighborhood.
Social Activities and Communications Committee
- Be the lifeblood of the health of the neighborhood by planning and communicating activities and services that help make us a strong and caring community. Among many, these include Dumpster Days, Leaf Pickup, the Summer Picnic, the Ice Cream Social, and the Annual Meeting.
- Re-establish the Block Captain program so each street has a representative to provide feedback to and from the Board and Committees, and to make sure that all neighbors are aware of events and services.
- Update the Oak Meyer Gardens Website and make it a one-stop source for a calendar of events and information for the neighborhood.
- Recommend and plan other means of communication that promote or better our neighborhood, such as a quarterly newsletter, new neighbor welcome baskets, communication banners or light pole banners.