2nd UPDATE: At this time, the 2nd OMG leaf pickup is being rescheduled for late January to early February. It will be weather dependent. We will try to give you 4-5 days notice that includes a weekend so that you will have a better chance to get the leaves to the tree lawn – between the curb and the sidewalk. This post will be updated when the dates are solid. We apologize for the delay, but we had to find another available contractor.
2018 marks the 2nd year Oak Meyers Gardens residents are able to participate in the HOA provided curbside leaf pickup program.
Our pilot program last year was such a success that we added a 2nd pickup in 2018. Similar to last year and at the request of the company performing the work we are dividing the neighborhood into 3 sections*. Based on where you live will determine your pickup date.
*Please note that if you live on 63rd Terrace to see special notes at the bottom of this post.
Here are details on the requirements and restrictions of the leaf pickup:
- Leaves must be out onto the street no later than 7 am of the morning of your pickup.
- Leaves are NOT to be bagged up. Please leave them loose.
- The crews will pickup leaves located in the street, or on the curb within 1 foot of the curb. If on the street leaves can be from the curb out to about 2 feet from the curb. To be picked up, leaves need to be raked or blown into 1-5 piles in the street or within 1 foot of the curb to be sucked up by the vacuum truck.
- The crews will NOT pickup any sticks, twigs, branches, etc. This is a leaf only pickup.
- If you live on a busier neighborhood street (Oak, Rockhill, Holmes, Meyer, or 63rd) and live on a corner, please put your leaves onto the quieter side street. If you do not live on a corner, in front of your house is fine. This just helps reduce traffic issues on the busier streets.
- This is a service for all neighbors who have blown or raked out of their yards into the streets and into piles for pickup. It not intended to remove leaves that have just fallen in the streets or have ended up out there naturally. The crews will not be just sucking up all leaves along all curbs in the neighborhood.
- *Reminder: This is a service provided by the homes association for all homeowners and while the company providing the pickup will attempt to pickup all leaves possible, we cannot account for changes in weather or wind that may blow leaves back into yards or further out into street. Or if rain comes through and leaves are wet they may not be entirely sucked up by the vacuum truck.
- *Note: If your leaves are not picked up on your scheduled date, please email JerryRowan@gmail.com immediately and the crews will be notified to come back.
- **If you live on 63rd Terrace, please note the following. If you live on the NORTH side of 63rd Terrace than you are in Section 1. If you live on the SOUTH side of the street then you are in Section 2. With the added cars that park on the street there we are dividing that street into 2 days. When it is your day, please have all cars removed from that side of the street.