Updates from the OMG Beautification Committee
Dear OMG residents,
The Oak Meyer Gardens Beautification Committee (OMG BC) (Geoff Hall, Sarah Snodgrass, Jill Adams, Bill Blanck, andd I) are gearing up for spring and wanted to provide you with an update on where we stand.
1. In lieu of a neighborhood-wide meeting, we would like to request comments, suggestions, ideas from the HOA regarding the gardens/monuments via email and have those responses sent to the OMG BC gmail account (OMG.BC.KCMO@gmail.com).
Please provide your thoughts regarding the gardens by Friday, March 23th, 2018, 11:59 PM.
2. Our first step will be to catalog each garden’s location and contents; this will be accomplished by mid-March. Although someone had done this years ago, those records/files, no longer exist. If any of you happen to have a copy of that list, please do share with the OMG BC to avoid a lot of needless work.
3. If you would like to become a member of the Committee, please indicate that via email to OMG.BC.KCMO@gmail.com.
4. If you live close to one of our gardens and would like to be a point person (or persons) for that garden and a liaison to the OMG BC, please contact the OMG BC via email with your name(s) and the precise location of the garden for which you are volunteering your time.
It would be IDEAL if we could find folks interested in helping out in this way! Working together will be much more effective and fun than having a handful of us on the Committee doing this alone. Rumor has it that there are 61 gardens which need our attention…take if from someone who took care of ~70 gardens herself for 2 summers, this is easily enough work for a full-time job!
5. The committee will meet by the beginning of April and strategize our approach for renovation of the gardens over the spring/summer 2018 and will provide the HOA with an update shortly thereafter.