OAK MEYER GARDENS
Board of Directors
Minutes of Regular Meeting
February 20 2017
CALL TO ORDER
President Jerry Rowan called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m. at 2 East Gregory Blvd, Suite 300.
- Jerry Rowan,President
- Laura Katz, Vice President
- Dawn Swenson, Treasurer
- David Hulsen, Secretary
- Bill Blanck
- Mitch Bronson
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
The minutes of the January 2017 meeting were approved as submitted.
Treasurer reported recent financial transactions.
- Landscaping: Landscaping plan. The consensus was that the landscaping has been maintained but not necessarily planned. A committee with knowledge of planting will allow us to put some strategy around the choices available. Becky has some ideas for planting.
- Someone (by car) hit a monument Rockhill/Holmes. They did have insurance. Dylan (NextLevel) gave us a quote and we got an estimate which Jerry handled. Jerry got the neighborhood insurance agent involved. The other quote we got was $200 less than Dylans. We are paying $500 deductible, but our insurance is going to pay for this. Our adjuster is going after Progressive to cover his costs.
- The discussion about bricks got a little contentious about the brick installation (layout and color). We will get some pictures from before and we’ll compare to after.
- Railing are being sandblasted and powder coated.
- Event Calendar:
- Fall leaf cleanup: May do a trial run to identify interested parties and see how effective we can be. The minimum is $800 so we’ll need to identify houses to participate.
- New member welcoming: Mitch would like to further investigate the idea of a welcome gift for new neighbors. Dawn/Jerry are notified of new neighbors when they mail out the new neighbor welcome packet. Mitch agreed to be part of the New Resident Committee.
- Neighborhood upkeep standards: Mitch asked what can we do to keep the neighborhood standard up? We could call the codes department, but this can take a long time. The discussion concluded that City processes can be time-consuming, but that’s really the only option.
NEXT MEETING DATE.
The next Board meeting is scheduled for March 13 2017.
7:30 p.m. Meeting adjourned.
David Hulsen: Secretary
February 20, 2017